Wednesday, March 6, 2013

More Appartment Updating: Doors and Kitchen

My previous post showed off the bathroom renovation of our duplex apartment. This was not the only updating completed. We also replaced the plain hollow-core wood doors with more modern white detailed doors and added a french door at the entrance. Being the bad blogger that I am, I didn't take before pictures! What was I thinking! I only have a picture of the doors once they were in my garage. So you'll have to use your imagination to visualize what it looked like before with these doors:


And this is what it now looks like:



 The apartment looks so much more modern and bright! I'm so happy with the result and, needless to say, so is the tenant:)

Since I began this blog I've had the intention of writing about the kitchen renovation in the apartment that took place over four years ago. This was not a planned renovation but the pictures below reveals why it was undertaken:



A FIRE!

Horrible isn't it! But luckily the damage was limited and no one was injured. I remember coming home from teaching a night class and seeing my tenants in my living room with my husband. I said " Oh, it's a party!" My tenant responded "Oh, it's definitely not a party. We had a fire!" Let me tell you that that wiped the smile off my face pretty quickly.
We were told about a place called Armoire à Super Prix that builds custom kitchen at an affordable price and fast. So in a little over a week the fire was behind us. Here are some pictures of the kitchen but please keep in mind that these were taken during the bathroom renovation period so it's a little messy. We all know what it's like to live through a renovation.






And so that's it for the renovating of the apartment! 

Smiles,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...