Monday, August 6, 2012

Sweet little dreams: gender neutral nursery

Because we did not want to know the sex of the baby while pregnant the nursery decor had to remain gender neutral. In a previous post I presented the fabric which influenced the rest of the decor- pale blues and greens, with pops of bright orange.

I wanted to keep it calm and serene, not too over the top babyish. That being said I did want it to clearly be a baby's room but perhaps a classy baby:)

So here it is:    
I love the pattern created by the star light.

 The bedding, drapery and change table accessories were made by my mother.



The framed parrot is actually needle point my mother made in the 1960s back in Portugal. Th colors work perfectly in the nursery.

 The diaper bag is held up by an owl hook- so cute!
 The metal pacifier was welded by my father-in-law for the birth of his first daughter.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful room!! I love the colors. What a perfect place for your baby, full of love from all your family!! The pacifier and owl hook are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job! The star light is awesome.
    Post some recent pics of your little angel :)

    Lena xoxo
    www.qualityrivets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its beautiful a very serene room i love the colour pallette you have chosen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great room! Love the shade. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Chef n Training. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/make-it-pretty-monday-week-10.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet nursery, Nancy! Comfy, stylish and perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy the nursery turned out great. Love the colors. ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Can't wait to check out the rest of your blog. I'm your newest follower. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...