Thursday, August 9, 2012

"Every nursery needs a rocking chair"

"Every nursery needs a rocking chair." That's what I was told. Initially, I was looking to buy a type of non-rocking armchair simply because I'm not a fan of the look of the traditional nursery rockers and I'm not willing to spend money on a chair I don't like. So after listening to countless mothers telling me I NEED a rocker in the nursery, I searched around for some alternatives.

Here is what I found:

Dorel Rocking Chair at Walmart. At $170 it's a fantastic option- affordable, good-looking and it comes in a variety of colors.
 
 Problem: it's not available in Canada, only in the U.S. So the searching continued.


I then found this chair, which I absolutely love! It's the Monte Design Glider available at Bebe Depot in Montreal and also at juniorbaby.com (Canadian online store). It is sooo comfortable and stylish. It comes in a variety of colors including greys, tans, greens and, yes, orange.

 Problem: At close to $1000 it was way more than I intended to spend.  But I must admit that if my husband hadn't been with me, this chair may very well have come home with me. Nothing like a husband to keep your spending in check.

Then Ikea's Poang chair came to mind. To my surprise there was a rocking chair version. Affordable ($140), comfortable and stylish- Perfect!
A big thank you to everyone who pushed me towards a rocker as opposed to a regular arm chair. Alessandro and I enjoy many, many hours rocking back and forth in the middle of the night. He might even like it too much!


Now, here's some eye candy:
Alessandro wearing the hat his grandmother made him. Judging by the smile on his face, I think he likes it.

 Smiles,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. I’m of the belief that every house needs a rocking chair! I really love the Ikea alternative but I have to admit that I have fallen hard for the Walmart one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...