Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sunburst mirror

I've finally jumped on the sunburst mirror bandwagon. When I first saw a sunburst mirror years ago while working at the Bombay Company I wasn't sure I liked it but since then there's been a proliferation of styles, from exaggerated to more modest designs. So there's a sunburst for every taste.

Last week I was at Home Sense Versailles and saw a sunburst mirror I loved for only $80 but I decided to leave it behind. Problem- I couldn't stop thinking about it so I went back three days later with my fingers and toes crossed hoping it would still be there. It was and it came home with me.

I initially wanted to hang a piece of art above my night stand but the mirror looked great. Here it is:
Because each strip has beveled edges it reflects light beautifully.

For those Montrealers looking for a sunburst mirror there were a few other styles at really affordable prices at Home Sense.

Now for some more sunburst inspiration. First, a few modest styles:




The above bone frame is so elegant. It would look great against a dark colored wall.

Now for some more exaggerated frames that make an unforgettable statement:




If you are on a budget there is a proliferation of DIY sunburst mirrors out there. The four below are my favorite:





Click on the sources for the DIY images for instructions on how to make your own sunburst mirror.
Enjoy,
Nancy


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog "Happy Canadian Home". You have amazing taste - I am a new follower! Your site is a feast for the eyes ... and congratulations of the wee one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently started on my sunburst mirror! It's not my main event at the time so I have just been working on it here and there! I'm going with the paint stir one! We are definitely on a budget here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one with all the little circle mirrors, but I think yours is my fave. Thank you so much for linking up to DIY Home Sweet Home.

    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...