Sunday, January 15, 2012

Painted vinyl roller shade: which pattern??

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog invited me to join her DIY January challenge by completing the nursery. Well that's not going to happen by the end of January- no way! So I decided to complete a small component of the decor instead: the window blinds.

Years ago I purchased a plain vinyl roller shade for my bedroom. What was I thinking! Initially I thought it would keep out the light and be neutral but it was just so plain. Needless to say I never installed it, it remained in the spare bedroom closed until now.

In an effort to save some cash I've decided to pretty it up so as to be used in the nursery. The roller shade currents look like this:
BORING! I want to paint a pattern on it and here are some of the patterns I'm considering:







Which pattern is your favorite?

The colors I'll choose from are pale blue, pale green, and/or orange. Remember that the room must be gender neutral and if you'd like to see the fabric scheme click here.

Thanks!
Nancy

10 comments:

  1. they all look good..they all look fun! good luck with this project

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I'm so glad you've joined the challenge. I love all your inspiration pics. I initially loved the first one, but I think it's the color I love. I hopped over and checked out your fabrics and wonder if the circles in the last inspiration pic would play well off the circular flower shapes in the fabric? I can't wait to see which one you choose and how they end up. What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the argyle (from nursery)

    Via: More the Merrier Monday, at DIYHSH,
    Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois
    Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last one. Well actually I love all of them but the last is winning by a small margin. So glad to have stumbled across your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the last one although I'm not sure how it would look with the pale colors you want. The first one is my second fave. Thank you so much for linking up to DIY Home Sweet Home.

    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. With the colors in mind and the strip fabric this is what I am thinking.
    I would choose the third pattern for the roller shade in blue (background color) and orange (design) to pick up the orange pillows in the bed.Then the solid green fabric to fall on each side and add the striped fabric either as a border on the solid green fabric or have the striped fabric lay on top of the solid green fabric but have it about 2 - 3 inches shorter (length and with)so you have the green showing all around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally love the third one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow nice blog and beautiful post on this blog.
    Black Out Roller Blinds

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Roller Shades...Nice article, thanks for sharing with us.
    window shade houston

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...