Thursday, January 5, 2012

Nursery dreams

I'm only four months pregnant but I can't stop thinking about the nursery decor. Tony and I don't want to know the sex of the baby so the room has to be gender neutral- not too big of a problem since I'm not too much of a "pink for girls and blue for boys" kind of gal.

I have some color combinations I'm currently loving. Here are some samples:


I know this image isn't a nursery but the pale blue and coral are by far my favorite color combination of the moment. It's so soft but with a little pop and, I think, perfect for a nursery.




I've noticed that I tend to gravitate towards a pale blue for the nursery but it needs to be combined with another brighter color (red, coral, green, yellow, etc.). I'll be going shopping for fabrics next week and the fabric will likely dictate which color combination I pick.

And now for some other features of the nursery. I think it needs a light fixture that when dimmed reflects light in an interesting way. So here are some examples of what I'm thinking:






I adore this oval crib. The only problem is the cost- it's $700 plus. I don't think so! My second best option is the simple Ikea crib available in pale blue or green (seen in second image above). The Ikea crib is $100- much better!


To decorate the walls I like the simple idea of letters and/or numbers. You can see it below but also in the second picture above. Simple but pretty.


On the closet door in the room I plan on creating something similar to the image below with chalk paint. It's a great way to help document precious little moments. So cute:)




Enjoy!

Nancy

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! I can't wait to see the end result.

    Lena xoxo
    www.qualityrivetsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have sooooooo much fun decorating a nursery, I have 3 little ones and I swear I put more effort into each one of their rooms then any other spaces in our home.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss the news that you were pregnant? Congratulations Nancy!!! That is so exciting!

    I love your nursery ideas. Re: the lighting, I have to recommend these gorgeous handmade Japanese nursery lamps that you can buy at Au Papier Japonais on Fairmount in the Mile End. I've bought a couple as gifts recently; they're made from this lovely delicate paper and there are a number of designs that rotate, painting beautiful scenes in the room. They look kind of like this, but nicer: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Magical-Rotating-Nursery-Trousselier/dp/B004ZKI0EY and they are so calming!

    Anyway I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your pregnancy! It's such an exciting time and enjoy all your dreams! Those are beautiful nurseries. I can't wait to see how yours comes along! I'd love if you'd link up to my party going on!

    http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/01/latest-and-greatest-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a fun journey you are. I love all of the color combos you chose, green is a personal favorite of mine. And I agree a pop of color is nice, that coral color is sweet! A few blog friends and I introduced a new challenge idea Monday and it would be so fun if you want to join. If you have a second, check in at http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/ to learn more, and feel free to email me if you have any questions! Your newest follower.
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...