Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I'm coveting cork furniture from Portugal

Did you know that Portugal is the world's largest cork producer? Just a few years ago cork was synonymous with wine bottles or peg boards but, perhaps because of the move to plastic corks in the wine industry, cork producers started branching out. We now have fabulous cork flooring and even cork furniture.

Cork seems to be the miracle material- soft, durable, fire and mold resistant, and it's a natural and renewable source. Need I say more?

A few weeks ago my sister sent me a link to Corque Design and I haven't been able to get some of there pieces out of my mind.

Take a look at these pieces:
 
 These are the Largarta modular seating system. Each individual seat is sold separately so you can combine them as you see fit. I would actually love to have these on a back yard deck, they would blend perfectly with a natural environment.
The Corque Design site says this Corqui Lounge Chair “combines comfort and aesthetic.” I do think it is definitely aesthetically appealing. And again, although they'd look great incorporated into a modern interior decor, I'd love to see these used in an outdoor decor.

And last on my list is this cork wall covering. It has both acoustic and thermal insulation properties and a vibrant pattern.

I must warn you that these products are not cheap (each modular seat is $345 and the chair is $1450) but they are made of a great durable material.

Check out the variety of products available on the Corque Design here

Enjoy,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...