Sunday, October 23, 2011

Juju hat- what a beauty!

Have you heard of the Cameroonian juju hat? I first discovered it on a Dear Genevieve episode a while back. Since then, I've been dreaming about owning one but the cost has held me back. 

I just came across a post at Odi et Amo titled The JuJu Hat: Are you over it? Well, I must say that I am totally not over it! I love the look of it, it's ability to make a statement in any decor and the cultural meaning behind it. 

So despite it's price tag in the hundreds I think it deserve at least one post on my blog:)








Love it? Can be purchased at L'aviva.
 
Love it, but can't splurge on it? Check out a tutorial on how to make a much less expensive version at Flutter Flutter
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I love the bright yellow one above the fireplace in that dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love them, great pics. I have only seen it white. I didn't know they came in so many colors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention Nancy! Ever since I made the tutorial I've been selling them all over Australia, Canada, and the US on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...