Thursday, September 22, 2011

Wallpapered closet doors- GENIUS!

Check out this genius idea:




Take your closet doors from blah to WOW! Wallpaper has gained so much popularity in the past few years and I think this is a great way to add some pattern, color, intrigue and style to any room without the commitment of wallpapering the walls. Also, I think I'd be much more inclined to try a bold pattern on closet doors rather than on a wall. I'm now looking at all my closet doors with a creative eye.


The wall paper used in this image from the September 2011 issue of Martha Stewart Living is Schumacher "Ottoman Flower - Mica"  

 Such an elegant design!

I would love to know what you think. And please share any creative closet door ideas you may have.

Nancy

Linking to Between Naps on the Porch and other linking parties on my Party Linking Page

8 comments:

  1. I love this idea but would be a bit afraid to try it out as I am not very handy...hubby is even worse than me! The design is lovely. Will you be trying it?!

    I see you are a Pinning blogger! If you have time, please pop by and visit my main blog where I have just started hosting a weekly Pinterest party. I would be honoured if you could join in and link up this Pinterest inspired post!

    Best wishes and have a great week,
    Natasha @5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous! Hmmm that gives me an idea... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea!

    Pleas stop by and see the under $20 makeover I gave an ugly brass light fixture.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! I think you should definitely go for it. I haven't done any wall papering myself but my parents did some in the 80s-90s. I think it would be easier to get the bubbles out of a closet door panel than a larger wall section.

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is genius! Thanks for sharing!

    Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you put anything on the edges to keep them from coming loose?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Any ideas on how to cover ugly closet doors without ruining them underneath? I've been trying to figure out what to do with my closet doors in my rental apt. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...