Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lovely vignettes

I've been spending way too much time trying to create vignettes in my dining room and searching for ideas and inspirations online. Creating vignettes is an art- really, it is! A great vignette is a collection of items that is pleasing to the eye and has a kind of effortless look and feel to it. I know some people can just put things together without too much effort but I'm not one of them!


Here are just a few of the vignettes I'm loving:


 

            

What ties this vignette together is the color palette. It's so simple but so pretty. Source: atmosphere interior design

This vignette has a bunch of bottles that, if not collected together in the serving tray, would look messy and cluttered. And wouldn't want a stash of booze readily available as you walk in the door! Source: decorpad.com 

Source: decorpad.com



Source: casasugar.com






The W shape of this vignette is what brings it together. Source: ARTFORM


Some of the tricks to creating successful vignettes are to design them around a common theme, color, items. Varying heights is also important. A good idea is to stack items to create height. You can try shaping your vignette in a V, W, or M. This will ensure that you have various levels of interest.

Common to many of the above vignettes are books and greenery (flowers or plants). So my books are out and I've been walking my dog with gardening scissors in my pocket. I don't have a green thumb but lucky for me many of my neighbors do! 

My dining room table vignette (for now)


Buffet vignette (also for now).
 Enjoy!

Nancy 

Linking to: Between naps on the porch Tablescapes 
and other linking parties on link party page



10 comments:

  1. Pretty! Love the flowers and glassware!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lovely.

    Thank you for sharing

    Love,
    Karin Şen Cankan
    karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I'm no good at creating vignettes myself, so I love the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tips, looks good. I read that the definition of a 'shrine' is something that makes you pause for a moment, and think about that idea in the shrine. Could be a shrine to a pet, or to The White Rose. Etc.My name is Loo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely and simple. TY!
    I do hope you asked permission to cut your neighbors flowers. It broke my heart when all my flowers had been cut without anyone asking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vignettes are fun! I love the white one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your inspirational images especially the first one!

    P/S: I am hosting a fabulous giveaway so stop by and enter for a chance to win a $75 gift card from Arcadian Lighting!

    Happy weekend!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog. I try very hard to get around to each and every entry on Tablescape Thursdays, but I have somehow missed you in the past. Congratulations to you and your husband on your renovation project. It kind of takes over your life, doesn't it? But in a fun way...most of the time! :-) I agree with you that putting things together in a way that is pleasing to the eye doesn't come naturally to all people. It's like playing an instrument or cooking...sometimes it comes naturally, and sometimes you have to work at it a little. You picked out some lovely vignettes to showcase on your post, and I hope you have fun as you work to increase your skills in that area. You're off to a great start! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...