Monday, August 15, 2011

Dining room sprucing up: reveal

A few weeks ago I posted about the fact that my dining room was blah, blah, blah- just furniture in a plain room (see post here). Since we decided to live with the busy 1970s flower tiles for a few more years, I needed to do something to spruce up the dining room and distract from the floor. 

Not everything on my list got done. I didn't find wing chairs in my price range that I loved (the seller of the chairs I posted about here never replied to my message).  I also didn't get to install the moldings on the walls- this will come soon but since I'm back to work this week it will have to wait.


I did find pretty art work, decorated the buffet and table with vignettes, covered the floor with a rug (kind of) and added color to the hutch. These little touches made such a difference!


Here is the final result (for now):


The ceramic stool is also from Home Sense ($20)- so cute!. Because I couldn't find wing chairs I just placed one of the dining table chairs in the corner with a throw pillow.

The back of the hutch was lined with green decorative paper to add color and tie into the colors in the art work.
Here is a close up of the art work.

I also added these fun marble flower knobs to the buffet and hutch.



Remember the before:


A little bit of decorating made such a difference!


I'd love to here what you think!

Linking to Between Naps on the Porch and other parties on the Link Party page

5 comments:

  1. I'm actually trying to find decoration for my new buffet table I just got in my dining room. Any tips?

    Lena xoxo
    www.qualityrivetsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Nancy! And I love your chandelier!
    Tracy - www.soulstyle.ca/word

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Nancy, I enjoyed my visit - looking forward to learning about your area rug! Love the knobs!
    Your newest follower!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those knobs are beautiful! And if you gotta live with the tile, that's far from the worst I've ever seen! Your furniture is gorgeous...and you did a great job! I'm inspired! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it. The rug makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...