Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Coud de coeur of the week

Here are a few, among the many, things I've loved in blog land this past week: 

This house tour on Hooked on Houses. It's a new home that replicates the style of an older home. I particularly love the kitchen. It is STUNNING! I agree the trim work in the home is over the top but wouldn't complain if it were my home.


I could blog all day long on that front porch:)



I could also cook up a storm in this kitchen all day long.  See Hooked on Houses for the full tour.


Another beautiful house tour was featured at Mix and Chic. This time it's a home in Madrid with, among other drool-worthy features, this staircase. Love the circular metal work!


And for a DIY project check of this floor covering made using paint and canvas material. It's genius! Somehow I don't think my freehand painting would look anywhere near as good as this. Check out the tutorial at Just About Home

Enjoy!
Nancy




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing our painted floor cloth! I love the house from Hooked On Houses too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, love that painted floor cloth!! That is just too cool! I've been wondering if I could do something like that with a piece of canvas that I have, so it's cool to know that I can! Also love that first house from Hooked on Houses! That is my dream, to build a house that looks old. That way I could have all the detail, character and charm of an old house, but without having to deal with old plumbing, tiny closets, and one bathroom. Oh yeah and cant forget the lead paint and asbestos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that kitchen and the porch! They are both very beautiful and inviting!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...