Sunday, August 7, 2011

Closet organizing ideas

Our closets are a mess! Are we the only ones??? I hope not!
So this week, while struggling to decorate my dinning room, I decide to tackle the main-floor entry closet. 

Here is the before:
It's empty(ish) but messy. We tend to use our downstairs closet much more than this one.




I decided to store our winter wear in this closet. 


Here is how it looks after some cleaning up and organizing:

The large wire mesh basket from Home Sense ($12) holds scarves. I like that I can see what's in it and it can be easily grabbed and put back.

 The best idea ever- hooks for purses! I hated that my purses were always on the closet floor and in the winter they would get all wet and covered in salt stains. With the hooks I simply hang them at arms length and grab them without bending down. Shoe rack from Zellers ($8).


I also hung a smaller wire mesh basket ($9) to store gloves and mittens. I bought these two house hooks at Dix Mille Village (fair trade by the way) for $6 each. Aren't they sooo cute??? 

I hope I can keep it clean:)


Smiles,
Nancy

Linked to parties on Link party page and

Between naps on the porch

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...