Thursday, July 7, 2011

Outdoor prettiness

It's once again a beautiful day in Montreal so I thought I'd blog about outdoor decor: pillows, wall art, pots and other pretty things.
When it comes to outdoor spaces, I try to think of them the same way I would an indoor space. I hang art on walls, accessorize tables, add color with pillows, etc. It's important to make sure the space is comfortable, functional and attractive, otherwise you won't be drawn to it. 

Here are some outdoor decor images from my home:
The table and 6 chairs were a simple inexpensive set ($200). The pillows are from Costco. 2 for 15$. Very comfy.

Every week I place a different vase on the table with mint picked from my garden. The mint smells and looks good all week.

Vases with herbs from Bouclair Maison. And of course a matching blue bed for our dog Churchill (it's actually an outdoor seat cushion). The wooden window frame is from Home Sense.


More comfy pillows and pretty vases from Bouclair Maison.
Now is a great time to shop for outdoor decor items because the specials have begun! 


Bouclair Maison is one of my favorite Montreal stores for accessories.You just can't beat their prices. Here are some of my outdoor coud'coeurs:  
 Square pillows $11.89


 Lanterns $17. 49 and $18.89.
Rectangular pillows $10.49  


Enjoy the beautiful day,
Nancy

5 comments:

  1. This is a much more "put together" outdoor space than ours! But we also have a seat cushion on the ground for Daisy, haha. And I love the pot of fresh mint--I put lavender on our table, which also smells nice, but I think the mint would have more of a kick to it. Looks relaxing out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outdoor patio extension is such a great area! You must be so thrilled to have this special area to sit and enjoy the summer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty spot to relax or entertain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the kind comments. We do love our outdoor space! And Ann, I've seen your space and from what I remember it's pretty great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that you have so many blog parties to choose from so thank you for choosing Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. This post is added to the party blast! Enjoy the rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...