Friday, July 15, 2011

Mainfloor Bathroom Renovation: Inspirations and Choices

I received many comments about our main-floor bathroom renovation. So before I showoff the reveal I thought I'd show you some inspirational images and the items we picked.


I wanted to build a bathroom that would stand the test of time- something that would not get dated like the pink bathroom! So I looked at many of images to decide on a style.

Here are some images that inspired us:
Love all of these images at Victorian Bathrooms

Timeless bathroom at Beautiful. Affordable.Design

And these Sarah Richardson bathrooms







Once we decided on the look and colors we went shopping!




We picked carrara marble for both the floor and shower. I just love the simple and timeless look of carrara! We used 12'x12' square tiles and an inlay on the floor of a black and white marble basket weave pattern.  Both these products came from Home Depot. The quality was comparable to other stores but the price was better. The inlay was trimmed in black rectangular marble mosaic strips from Ceramic Depot.



The shower was also tiled with the 12'x12' carrara and we added an inlay of thin mosaic carrara. This was purchased at Mondial.
 The shower inlay was trimmed with the following carrara marble edges.




The shower itself was trimmed with the following carrara marble edges.


We wanted a claw-foot tub and picked the Maax Versailles tub mainly because of the black feet and also because of the quality- thicker than most we saw.



We went with the Foremost two-legged pedestal sinks.

The toilet is American Standard Champion 4 Series


And the huge splurge was the shower doors from Fleurco Kinetik that we had custom made for a hefty $$$



Check back soon!

Enjoy the weekend:)
Nancy

7 comments:

  1. Love the things you've selected for inspiration. Your new bathroom will definitely stand the test of time. Fun pictures of you in the pink bathroom in 60's style clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this bathroom in person...let me tell you if you think the pics are awesome the actual room is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having finished our master bath not too long ago, I know how much work goes into these projects. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the inspirational images I adore white bathrooms. I design bathrooms & kitchens for a living you would think I would get bored of it all but I love it. I love your blog Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog. This blog contains good ideas and wants to thanks you for your writing on this important topic. I really appreciate people like you Thanks for more information.

    Regards:

    carrera marble

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the bathroom..... Can you tell me the color that you used on your walls??? It looks gray but with a hint of blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the two colors (white and blueish) are Behr Silver Strand and Behr Little Dipper.
      Hope this helps

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...