So for years they've been in a drawer in my dinning room, which is a total shame. Last week I decide to create a wall art piece that would show off some of my dollies.
|Pretty doilies make great wall art.|
How to do this:
1. I purchased a 30"x40" framed canvas at Omer Deserre (any other art store should also sell these) for $15.
2. I purchase 1.5 meters of fabric (I picked a royal blue fabric)
3. Lay the frame down on the fabric and cut the fabric so that it raps around the frame by about 2 inches on each side. At this point iron your fabric.
4. Staple the fabric tightly around the frame. Remember to fold the corners as you would a gift to minimize bunching.
5. Decide on the pacement of your doilies and pin them in place.
6. Using a needle and threat the same color as your doilies sew the edges of the doilies in place. This takes a little bit of patience.
|Looks like snowflakes, don't they?|
|My doilies are now sitting pretty in our home office. Haven't made up my mind if I should hang it vertically or horizontally.|
This project was included in the DIY project parade features on DIY Showoff. Thanks!