Sunday, June 19, 2011

And now some vestibule ideas...

Now that I have the woodwork on the walls, I need to style the vestibule (see my previous blog).

Here is what I'm thinking at the moment (I change my mind often!):
For the color on the walls maybe BEHR Rhythmic Blue (on the left) or Light French Grey (on the right)
Seen on Fresh Paint Creations
Maybe too bright??


















Accessories- an umbrella stand. There are tones of great ones out there. Here are some of my favorites:
 








Antico Umbrella Stand $330                 Ceramic Ivory $40


 
 
and my very favorite:
 

I love the classic look of the first four stands, the funkiness of the Fornasetti stand (you will soon enough learn that I love all that is Fornasetti!) and the fun look of the boot stand. Of course price plays an important role so I think the boot is my pick. What do you think?

 Design Sponge blogged about umbrella stands for under $100 a while ago- definitely worth a look.


Now for the wall decor, I'm thinking a blue and white collection of plates such as on this image:
image seen on decor pad

Or, a collection of small mirrors such as these:
Seen on Shelterpop
I like the mirror idea so I can check my lipstick on the way out the door.

And now I've got to get to work!


Smiles,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. My top 3
    - Fornasetti Stand - unique & just plain love
    - Antico - My Portuguese roots speaking
    - Boot stand - unique & a conversation starter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Fornasetti stand! I need an umbrella stand...but I saw a vintagey (aka OLD) wicker one at an antique mall and I think the texture is perfect...so I am holding out until I find one (again) and this time I will buy it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...